Where the best buy luxury cars: You think cars luxury a waste of money?

You think cars luxury a waste of money?




280F
It's used to have a German car. He took it very well and was an apex to drive. It also had electrical failures (such as a cleaning fluid sensor that was always read empty) that no one could fix. It had a high-performance aluminum fun engine that cost $ k alone. Then, besides the racing engine, I had a transmission error that cost $6 k to fix. $1 k to fix a xenon light that was a touch of pink, and then a warning of an engine failure that was very common and usually knock out of warranty-and would cost $10 k to fix if it arose.


Negotiated that, in a Subaru as soon as possible (thinking of Akerlof as I signed the papers). I exchanged in high performance headlights for $50 each (took 15 minutes), a thicker anti-tip bar by $100 (the bolt from a Impreza WRX, took 30 minutes) and was added in the nicest leather seats and the fastest engine. The result: A car that is faster accelerating, has a softer suspension, uses less gas, uses the cheaper gas, is much cheaper to maintain, and rarely needs service. The feeling of the way is not so nice, but it is not numb like many other Japanese cars. The Subaru also costs $30-much less than the German car we had.


So enjoy your German car if it makes you happy; But don't be fooled that you're going to find the highest quality.


5 years ago # Appointment 11 Good 0 NO good!
Economist
95a0
I bought 3 houses for about 50000 each rented each for $700 a month free of trouble.
Everyone in my country club has a higher value than the cars each of my homes.
I just look at the cars and think
Damn losing 700 a month.
They all work 55 hours a week and I trolls ECJR.
Decisions, Decsions.


5 years ago # Quote 10 good 0 NO good!
Economist
F518
I own three cars of high performance/luxury. They bring Me a lot of joy. I love driving. On a good path, I can feel the stress fade away.


5 years ago # Date 3 Good 2 NO good!
The Economist
5144
Shit. You can't use "high performance" cars in the U.S. unless you go to a racing park. Speed limits, my friend, are ridiculous in your country. Without the need for high performance potential when you can never use it.


I own three cars of high performance/luxury. They bring Me a lot of joy. I love driving. On a good path, I can feel the stress fade away.


5 years ago # quote 5 Good 3 NO good!
Economist
F518
If tou think you don't know the United States or so high-performance cars. The police in the U.S. is not very strict if you know what you are doing. Go to a big road with a lot of wind in California and take a GT3. The speed limit can be 30 miles on a very windy road, but 60 of them is impressive. Much more fun than the 150 hit me in the Texas mile. You know driving in the unresteicted portions of the freeway is not the funniest, is it? I wish, however, that we had the Nuburgring here in the U.S.


Shit. You can't use "high performance" cars in the U.S. unless you go to a racing park. Speed limits, my friend, are ridiculous in your country. Without the need for high performance potential when you can never use it.
I own three cars of high performance/luxury. They bring Me a lot of joy. I love driving. On a good path, I can feel the stress fade away.


5 years ago # quote 5 Good 3 NO good!
Economist
F518
^ Some bad typographical errors. Wind, like on winding roads. Tou =.


5 years ago # Date 0 Good 0 NO good!
Economist
0df1
You had pretty low aspirations as a child.
When I was a kid I dreamt of owning a Mercedes Benz.


That you're suffering those feelings Mercedes bro ...


5 years ago # quote 1 Good 0 NO good!
The Economist
1198
The impressive photographs. Big size. Look at the thickness. Solid. Tight. They keep us all recorded in their continuous progress with new progress photographs or vid clips. Show me you have a man. You want to see how a huge, solid, thick and tight pass you can get. Thanks for the motivation.

Luxury cars simply cost much more than most alternative forms of luxury. I felt dizzy when I got to a Macbook Air laptop (so expensive!)), but in the end I decided that in $500 more than the piece of shit you normally buy, and $100-200 more of the lower Ultrabook imitations produced by Asus and friends, it was actually a very good idea to buy a well done laptop on which you will finally spend a total of 3000-4000 hours.


A luxury car, on the other hand, can be used with much less frequency (mostly in a way that takes seriously advantage of its strengths), however, costs at least 50 times more. What's up with that? Maybe if you have unlimited financial resources, it becomes a good idea, but if you are still making serious exchanges in other parts of your life and have not accumulated enough value to feel really safe financially, it is very difficult for me to imagine that a luxury car is worth it.


A luxury car is also a very bad strategy to attract women, unless you are so rich that you are completely freed from all financial compensations (in which case, I doubt very much that you have some difficulty attracting women anyway). Everything, a very nice other car is going to help, but if you are not ultra rich everything else is not the same; Instead, you just blew a fortune in your car, the money you could have spent in expensive ways (but much less than $50-100 k) to woo women, like good restaurants, jewels, and so on.


5 years ago # quote 5 Good 1 NO good!
Economist
9ea7
I think it's a matter of taste. There is a small fraction of the population that enjoys driving quality sports cars. Actually, it has little to do with speed. A closed curve in a Porsche at 30 miles/hour is a world difference from a Camry or Honda ... but once again, my experience is that 95% of drivers do not enjoy such subtle differences. It's like being a audiophile, either you have it or you don't have it. And it's nothing extraordinary if you have it. It's just a taste for things.
In a nutshell: Unless you really have the imperative and ' get ', I'd say you're losing your money in an expensive car. They don't do it to impress others.


5 years ago # date 2 Good 0 NO good!
The Economist
1284
It depends I am an extractor hood of a coupƩ with an impressive unit that would not spend more than 25 to 30 in a new vehicle. The cars I'm interested in are some like mail Hyundai Genesis or Subaru BRZ FRS/Scion or Miata. In that TS price point is not as big a waste of money as a new Corolla will run 18 to 20 K


5 years ago # quote 1 Good 0 NO good!
The Economist
4246
I can take the $60,000 could have passed in a luxury car, buy a 30 Vale car and use the other 30 add a rough man cave to your house with a bar and full-barrel beer, and a whiskey collection that would make a Chinese businessman jealous. In fact that's exactly what I did, and I'm pretty sure it's a more satisfactory use of funds than buying a luxury car.


5 years ago # Date 4 Good 0 NO good!
Economist
5f9c
What's the difference between a BMW and a porcupine?


With the porcupine, the Stinger is on the outside.


5 years ago # Date 9 Good 0 NO good!
Economist
F518
Well, I did both.


I can take the $60,000 could have passed in a luxury car, buy a 30 Vale car and use the other 30 add a rough man cave to your house with a bar and full-barrel beer, and a whiskey collection that would make a Chinese businessman jealous. In fact that's exactly what I did, and I'm pretty sure it's a more satisfactory use of funds than buying a luxury car.


5 years ago # Date 0 Good 0 NO good!
Economist
90a3
Or you can fly to a conference in Germany, then instead of buying a train ticket, high-end Mercedes, Audi or BMW rental. Make sure you have on your way from some freeway without speedlimit, and enjoy.


5 years ago # Date 0 Good 0 NO good!
Economist
5e8d
Its more to do with vanity and ego. Most luxury cars are too expensive, but people are led to believe by sellers that if they drive a luxury car they are wealthy when the opposite is true. The case in question my colleague tends to spend tons of money on the lease of the new German luxury cars every 3 years. He does not own a house, he still rents and has not saved for retirement. That's your priority in the life of driving expensive luxury cars. As for me, I own a house, save for retirement and buy Japanese used cars. Sure I'd love to drive an expensive luxury car but hey is BMW or Mercedes going to pay


Sorry, I love my Cadillac so much, I had to write twice. Oh, and my high American gas consumption made six cylinders cruises very well at 100 mph on an open road.


4 years ago # Date 0 Good 0 NO good!
Economist
Cbf6
Toros ** T. You can't use the "high performance" cars in the U.S. unless you go to a racing park. Speed limits, my friend, are ridiculous in your country. Without the need for high performance potential when you can never use it.
I own three cars of high performance/luxury. They bring Me a lot of joy. I love driving. On a good path, I can feel t